Flight Crew General Minimum Qualifications
All ACCESS captains and first officers meet the following criteria;
- be qualified to operate under Category 1 Instrument Flight Rules (IFR)
- be registered with the air ambulance program within 60 calendar days prior to commencement of service; and
- All captains will be Airline Transport Pilot (ATPL) rated, with that rating being completed before the start
Captains Minimum Qualifications
All ACCESS captains’ qualifications are:
- current instrument and night qualified and current in the aircraft;
- 2,000 hours total flight time;
- 500 hours multi-engine;
- 100 hours as the Pilot in Command of like-type aircraft;
- 50 night flying hours; and
- Airline Transport Pilot (ATPL) rated.
The minimum initial training for our captains will be 25 actual flight hours on type and a minimum 3.5 hours initial training on simulator.
First Officers Minimum Qualifications
All ACCESS first officers’ minimum qualifications will be:
- instrument and night qualified and current in the aircraft;
- 500 hours total flight time;
- 50 night flying hours;
- 50 instrument hours;
- and, 10 hours as the First Officer in the assigned aircraft.
The minimum initial training for our first officers will be 10 actual flight hours on type and a minimum of 3 hours of IFR training; these may be completed either through actual flying or on a simulator.